Wednesday, September 22, 2010

WINDOW TREATS

I created a Roman Shade for the kitchen window. I got tired of staring at the top of the awning while doing dishes, so this narrows the view to the back yard and patio. Much nicer.

After trying a reed type shade, I discovered our window is one inch too short for the ready made shades. I definatly didnt want to splurge for custom made, so I decided to surf the net to see what I could find. I found these instructions and couldnt wait to get started.

Here is the final outcome! I am excited!

Cost: $6.49 for material, $1.49 for bobbins used for pullys, $2.27 for cord. Lining FREE (from aunt's donation), $2.36 for dowels. $1.49 for lift rings (enough left over for 2 more shades)
Total Cost: $15.00 (cheaper than store bought!)
Thrill of acheivement? PRICELESS!
Good thing I didnt see this CHILI PEPPER Shade first, or I would really have bitten off more than I could chew. But I LOVE it!

No comments: